Emergency shift

 Today, I had set aside time to film more of the scenes that needed to be redone. This was until my plan got rudely interrupted by my boss calling me into work because one of our employees had gotten sick. At first, I was frustrated. I had been looking forward to making progress on my film, and now I had to spend the day at work. But as I got ready for work, I realized that this was an opportunity to learn how to deal with unexpected interruptions and to be flexible in my plans. When I arrived at work, it was super busy. There were more customers than usual, and my co-workers were all running around trying to keep up. My boss thanked me for being there. I'm glad I got that recognition. I was hoping for it because of the plans I had to put on hold for work when I wasn't even scheduled. I realized that this was a little bit selfish, especially since one of my co workers was sick. I fixed my attitude, and I jumped in to help them. I started taking orders at the register. After that, I started to help pack the orders at the expo station. Then, I needed to make another batch of custard since we ran out. We usually never run out of custard on a shift, but it was extra busy today. As the day went on, I realized that even though I hadn't been able to work on my film, I was still making progress in other ways. I was learning how to be more adaptable and how to handle unexpected situations. I was also earning money, which was an added bonus. By the end of the day, I was exhausted. But, I felt accomplished. I realized that even though I hadn't been able to work on my film, I had still been productive in other ways. I had helped customers, earned money, and learned important skills.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short film research: Mutt/Drama

Short film research: Double Happy/Drama

Genre Research: Nightmare Alley