Postcard time

 Today, I needed to start the postcard process. Felipe and I agreed that I would do the postcard and he would do the website/social media sites. We decided this because we both have different strengths and weaknesses. I am good at designing things. He is good with technology because he is in AP Computer Science. Today I started to brainstorm ideas for the postcard. I also decided to make an outline for what I needed to do to make a good and effecting postcard. I started researching movie postcards. I found that most movie postcards all have things in common: a picture that represents the movie, a layout that complements the picture, a catchy headline that will grab people's attention, a short message to briefly introduce your film, and colors and fonts that align with the tone of the film. I made an outline for how I wanted to tackle this postcard. Step 1 would be to choose a picture. Step 2 is to come up with the headline for the postcard. Step 3 is to write the message I want to describe the film. I think I might use the pitch we write for an ominous effect. Step 4 is to make a layout I want to use that would catch people's eye. The last steps would be to find a font and a font color that encapsulates the feel of the film. I started to experiment with Canva to get a feel for it. I wanted to do this before I started so I could learn the ropes. I created an account first. Then, I explored the website and looked at all the different templates they have. I am debating on whether to use a template or just design it from scratch. I think it is good that Canva allows me to do either option. I think I will experiment with both and see what I like better. Felipe could also voice his opinion on which one he likes better. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short film research: Mutt/Drama

Short film research: Double Happy/Drama

Genre Research: Nightmare Alley