A teaching moment

 Today was a little bit of a frustrating day for me. I am not a person that has a lot of patience. Today, I had to teach Felipe how to use iMovie. It was mostly frustrating because Felipe insisted on doing the editing. For all of my past AICE Media Studies projects, I have been the editor. I do this because I like editing. But also, because I want it to be perfect. I know how to use iMovie really well so I told Felipe I could do it, but he insisted on doing it. I don't like butting heads with him but this really frustrated me. I expressed my concerns but he persisted with wanting to edit. I finally just said yes because I did not feel like arguing with him anymore. This meant I was going to have to teach him how to use iMovie. This was not easy because iMovie is a little confusing. It also takes practice, but I did what I could to try to teach him the best I could. First, I taught Felipe how to upload the files to iMovie in the correct order. Then, I taught him how to start adding text to the screen for the opening sequence and the credits. Next, I was trying to teach him how to add the background music into the film. He really did not understand the way I was explaining it so I finally just had to show him. I recorded the audio from another video and then inserted it over the film in iMovie. I decided to call it for the night because I was tired of explaining everything. I really wish he would've just let me edit. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short film research: Mutt/Drama

Short film research: Double Happy/Drama

Genre Research: Nightmare Alley