Big fall

 Today, we were supposed to start filming at 10 AM. I texted Felipe and asked when he wanted me to come over. He wasn't responding and I was really confused because he usually wakes up pretty early. I just decided to get ready and then relax until he texted me back. I showered and got dressed first. Then I did my makeup and hair. I decided to watch some Netflix and eat breakfast. Around 11 AM, Felipe finally responded. He apologized because he overslept. I told him no worries because I got some extra time to relax! I let him have a few minutes to get ready and then I started heading to his house. I got there and Felipe told me that Logan was also coming to help us film. I got there first so we waited on Logan. We talked about what scenes we needed to film/reshoot. Felipe told me that Logan was bringing his drone for the establishing shot. I thought that was really cool and was excited to see how it would turn out. Finally, Logan arrived. He set up his drone. He realized it was low on battery so he plugged it in. While we were waiting for the drone to charge, I figured we might as well reshoot some scenes. I wanted to reshoot the scene where my father (Felipe) is yelling at me and I run back to my room. We did a couple takes, and on the 2nd or 3rd one, I slipped and fell on Felipe's carpet! I landed directly on my knee and it kind of hurt but it was super funny. I laughed at the video for a good 10 minutes. After that, I did one more take of the scene and it was perfect. When I was done with that, I asked Logan if his drone was done charging. It was, so I went outside with him to see the process. I was super cool to watch him fly it. I looked at the footage and I was really happy with it. Overall, I would say today was pretty successful. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short film research: Mutt/Drama

Short film research: Double Happy/Drama

Genre Research: Nightmare Alley